Monday, February 26, 2024

Photography: Capture the fleeting sun in the sky

                                                                     Photography:

 Capture the fleeting sun in the sky
Dr Abe V Rotor


Unedited photo taken in Virac, Catanduanes, with Sony 

Cybershot camera, 7.2 mega pixels. October 20, 2011


Never aim at the sun, never, said my mentor,
     a rule I never forgot;
Photos I took, the sun at my side or back,
     became pride of my art.

But art with no rules grew, and took over the helm;
     take it from artists Picasso
and Van Gogh, their masterpieces with the sun
     burning in deep arctic blue.

Take art deeper,  the soul suffers when the body
     is hale yet unwilling;
and triumphs in the works of Milton and Monet,
     their inner sun shining.~


The sun through the trees is a favorite subject of photography.  
Photos taken by the author at the San Vicente Botanical Garden,
San Vicente, Ilocos Sur ~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment