Sunday, February 18, 2024

World of Insects in Photographs and Verses

World of Insects in Photographs and Verses
Dr Abe V Rotor
1. Click Beetle - Living Catapult
Click Beetle (kuddo Ilk) Family Elateridae, Order Coleoptera*

Sweet memories brings a wit long laid,
when I was a child I played,
your game of click-click-click,
telling me if life's bright or bleak.

I asked how many friends or money I had,
by clicking, I knew what you said;
and pressing your breast, my wish implied,
all I wanted, you complied. 

3. Phosphorescent Caterpillars
Caterpillars eating the leaves of ilang-ilang (Cananga
 odorata), at home near La Mesa watershed.

        They came - an army of hungry glowing worms,
        on a sunset on a tall ilang-ilang tree;
        there they hang like lanterns or neon far away,
        and in crepuscular light there I could see
        a familiar tree traced by its essence in the air,
        and now by the phosphorescence from this tree -
        Christmas ahead and beyond yet here at hand,
        by the glow of these worms reminds of Thee;
        through nature's ways to guard the frail and lowly
        through the secret of ephemeral beauty. ~

3. Halloween Moth

                   You can't hide behind mask;
                         it is no longer Halloween;
                   with thin lips and sleepy eyes,
                        I know where you've been. ~
 

No comments:

Post a Comment