Saturday, March 11, 2023

My Boss and I: The Lighter Side of Life in an Organization

My Boss and I:
The Lighter Side of Life in an Organization
Researched by Dr Abe V Rotor

Human Nature takes us to view an otherwise serious matter on relationship between boss and subordinate in the context of wit and humor, a rationale in solving conflicts, and in handling anger and feeling of inequality. 

I found in my old file an article, Handling Organizational Conflict, written by Professor Angelita C Cruz, a co-faculty member at St. Paul University QC. A footnote reads, "From a seminar given to the top management of Uniwell Technologies Corporation, December 1998." That's 25 years ago today. A rather serious topic then, now an entertaining piece to reminisce serious moments, on reaching the golden years of life.

                      My Boss and I

When I take a long time, I am slow;
When my boss takes a long time, he is thorough;
When I don't do it, I am lazy;
When my boss doesn't do it, he is too busy
When I do something without being told, I am trying to be smart;
When my boss does the same, he has initiative;
When I please my boss, I am apple-polishing;
When my boss pleases his boss, he is cooperating
When I do good, my boss never remembers;
When I do wrong, my boss never forgets.

Of course, these are not to be taken literally if you wish to stay with your
organization.  There's a limit though.  Somewhere, they say, at the end of a rainbow lies a beautiful world.  Others are just as romantic, there is silver lining of a dark cloud. Live the lighter side of life if you wish to be happy. ~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment