Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Year of the Tree 2022: Dead Tree Walking

 Year of the Tree 2022: Trees for Peace  

Dead Tree Walking 

     "I came from Paradise lost, would you walk with me?"

Dr Abe V Rotor 
Living with Nature - School on Blog


Limb of a dead tree resembling a headless
human figure, España, Manila 2007


I am the ghost that walks
     from a forest before;
I am the conscience of man
     sleeping in its core.

I am the memory
     from the distant past;
lost among the throng,
     living in the dust.

I came from Paradise lost,
     orphaned by the First Sin;
the hands that cared for me
     can't now be seen.

I long for a heaven, too,
     a gift of being good and true,
but if heaven is only for man,
      I did serve him through.

But I am a ghost now.
     Would man join me for a walk
to tell the world the story
     of a once mighty oak? ~

No comments:

Post a Comment