Monday, August 6, 2018

"Sa aklat may laya." Books shall set you free. (National Children's Book Day, July 15, 2018)

"How I wish I could turn back the hands of time and be a child again. I have been a grownup for so long." - avr 
Dr Abe V Rotor 


Kids' re-enactment their favorite stories from books at Raya School in QC

Kids re-enact what they learn at home and in school 
in costumes: living jeepney, newly hatched turtle,
blue butterfly, lion, grizzly bear, and many more;
how I wish I could turn back the time and be with them;
I have been a grownup too long, I've lost their lure. 


Mackie and Markus* join the contest for best costume

Actually the contest itself is lesson in action,
reliving the past to the present and onward;
crossing fantasy's borderline with reality; 
that I may say, is the greatest reward.


Markus' living jeepney - Jepoy - won the top prize; 
proudly he wears  the medal, his happiest goal;
 plaything to him, but not for us adults on waking up
to the fact that machines do have life and soul. 

 

And who would recognize a turtle without her built-in shell?
Imagination is more powerful than knowledge, they say.
True. The living world has yet to reveal its enormous enigma,
but its premature destruction behooves us humans to pay. ~

* Mackie 5, and Markus 3, are grandchildren of the author

No comments:

Post a Comment