Friday, June 17, 2022

Fish - Favorite Subject of Art and Philosophy

Fish - Favorite Subject of Art and Philosophy 

Dr Abe V Rotor

I walked the bridge to its far end and beyond,
And down the river to the sea I cast my pole.
It was a fight I fought, it was no longer game, 
And it was neither fish nor dream I caught.

- A V Rotor, Sunshine on Raindrops 2000

Fish Impression, acrylic on canvas by AV Rotor 

“Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish
 they are after.” - Henry David Thoreau.

 
Art Workshop's  interpretation 

“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.” Herbert Hoover

 
Children's interpretation with pastel colors

“Sharing the fun of fishing turns strangers into friends in a few hours.”- Eugenie Clark.

 
“Great fish do not swim in shallow waters.” -  Matshona Dhliwayo.

No comments:

Post a Comment