Friday, June 10, 2022

I live by the "Sea on the Wall"

                               I live by the "Sea on the Wall"

Original Title: "Sea on the Wall" Forever

"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air."
 -  Ralph Waldo Emerson"

 Dr Abe V Rotor

Detail of a wall mural by the author at Lam-ang St corner Kudyapi Street,
Barangay Greater Lagro QC,

I love to paint the sea, the sea
     when I was young,
as young today in my memory,
     and after I'm gone.

 “To me, the sea is a continual miracle; The fishes that swim–the rocks–the motion of the waves–the ships, with men in them, What stranger miracles are there?” – Walt Whitman“

"Sea on the Wall" Mural, AVRotor 2015 at author's city
residence in Lagro QC (30ft x 15ft)

The wall is alive, the wall is alive!
It is part of the sea and the wind;
And I, a traveler in space and time,
Live by this wall a living screen. ~

Would you learn the secret of the sea? Only those who brave its dangers, comprehend its mystery!” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow 

No comments:

Post a Comment