Saturday, February 20, 2021

Boys' Adventure with Nature

Boys' Adventure with Nature
Dr Abe V Rotor

Boys' Adventure with Nature (3' x 4'), a composite scene of boys enjoying a weekend in the heart of a rainforest camping, climbing, fishing, and simply taking a break from school, the computer, and mall. Painted by the author in acrylic on canvas.

I imagine myself one of the boys in the scene fishing.
     I remember the last time I cast a fishing line,
and caught a fish, big in the measure of a boy's scale,
     bigger now in my old age, still fresh and divine.

I imagine myself one of the boys in the scene climbing.
     I remember the last time I scaled a precipice,
and traced the source of the waterfall among rivulets,
     still converging in my gnarled hands in peace. 

I imagine myself one of the boys fixing camp for the night. 
     I remember the last time the boy scout I was,
and learned the discipline of self-help and cooperation
     with others as the world today is changing fast. ~

No comments:

Post a Comment