Wednesday, November 18, 2020

My Experience with Impressionism: Gateway to Modern Art

My Experience with Impressionism:  
Gateway  to Modern Art 

"Either deep or shallow the skill,
that artists miss or fill. 
Art  like a restless moving wheel,
will never truly fulfil. " - avr

Dr Abe V Rotor
Fish Shroud

I rubbed some paint all over a glass relief of fish, 
wrapped it with linen while the paint 
was still fresh - and pronto! a shroud of a fish.

Butterfly Remains

I soaked some leaves with shades of green,  
 pressed them on canvas while fresh;
I wanted to create at the center a bird's nest;
instead, butterfly remains can be seen.

 Rainbow Forever

Beauty is ephemeral, I know I cannot defy,
but on canvas artists deny.
One day I painted rainbow in perpetual motion,
 at the end I had to resign.   

Crater 

I flew over Mayon and  this is the view
I saw through a misty window;
I recreated it from imagination 
And this is a clearer vision.

Living Pillars

What makes Parthenon a perfect architecture,
I wonder.
If temple of worship, I imagined trees in a forest,
Nature's wonder.

Fungus

Growing outward, dying in the center, 
after its bloom,
like a city expanding beyond its limit,
to final doom.

Monster in the deep

I've searched the monster of my childhood;
I created it on canvas with all its likelihood. 

The Eye

An eye in the deep is 
 enough to scare;
whose eye matters not, 
  artists dare to stare. 

Ancient fern evolved from a lowly moss 
Ancient fowl evolved from Archaeopteryx

 Remains and remnants of natural history,
easy to draw and paint  as they are;
But to re-create them alive in their own time,
is more than reckoning them from afar.

Forest Fire

Fire of death, fire of life;
fire of life, fire of death;
 cycle sans beginning
nor ending.  

Composite Fish 

Either deep or shallow the skill,
that artists miss or fill. 
Art  like a restless moving wheel
will never truly fulfil. ~

No comments:

Post a Comment