Tuesday, November 3, 2020

The Power of Imagination in Painting the Deep

              The Power of Imagination in Painting the Deep

Paintings by Dr Abe V Rotor

Imagination is more powerful than reason:
you can't go down and paint the scene;
so I took my brush and closed my eyes,
there in my mind grew a large screen. 

Imagination builds our world and space, 
the unseen, or just a passing of time,
take the fish in schools or in migration, 
these are all beyond the mind.

In the deep, pitch black, and endless,
I brought in the sun and formed a vision 
of life I knew so little with those real; 
indeed, the power of imagination. ~


 Bottom of the Sea scene by the author  (C 2000)


Convergence of fishes by the author (c.1995)

Ocean Cave, mural detail by the author (c. 2005) 

 
  Guardian Fish AVR 2000

 
 Algal Conglomerate (Volvox sp) c.2010

Fish nursery  painted on jar (burnay). ~

No comments:

Post a Comment