Friday, November 9, 2018

Fish Incognito (Pointillism Art)

Dr Abe V Rotor
A School of Grouper Fish (38" x 26"), AVR. Pointillism is an art style of Impressionism in the later part of the 19th century in Europe, a distinct style that characterize in the paintings of French artist Georges Seurat, leader of this neo-impressionist movement. 

Fish, tell me where you live, your home;
    The ocean is so huge to be your own;
Fish answers: I am a fugitive in pursuit,
    Hunted or hunter whichever may suit.    

Fish, tell me of your kin and your shoal;
    How you live together as a school;
Fish answers: I live by the rules of the sea,
    By number and luck, and by being free.  

Fish, tell me if I am friend to you, or a foe;
    I gave you a name, regard you with awe;
Fish answers: Neither, I'd rather be unseen,
    Far from the dreadful fate of your cuisine. ~ 


Georges Seurat (1859-1891); painting of a dolphin, typical of his art style. 

No comments:

Post a Comment