Thursday, April 20, 2023

Light in the Forest

 Light in the Forest

Dr Abe V Rotor

Light in the Forest, mural showing details, acrylic by
AVR, 
Summer, 2010.

I'm lost, wandering in a forest ever since -
Could this be Paradise, the lost Paradise?
I never knew its edge, its height, its might,
I never knew myself, minuscule to its size,

Amidst a sea of green and towering giants,
Piercing the sky, shrouded by mist and rain;
I'm lost in their limbs veiled by moss and vine,
Cloaked by a mantle of forever green.

How long I've slept, no one will ever know;
As no one knows who my ancestor was,
Before waking up into a Homo sapiens. Lo!
By the forbidden Tree and its fruit. Alas!

And I, I have been a wanderer since then,
Driven out and away with guilt forever worn,
Away from prison, from the watchful Eye,
Rising to a beautiful Light every morn. ~

Light in the WoodsAVRotor 1995

NOTE: There is a similarity of Light in the Forest (2010) and Light in the Woods (above)A book of poems and photographs of the same title was written and presented to the Holy Father on his visit to the Philippines in the same year. (See Books of AV Rotor in this Blog).

No comments:

Post a Comment