Saturday, October 23, 2021

Part 2: A Visit to an Art Gallery

 Part 2: A Visit to an Art Gallery 

“Creativity takes courage” – Henri Matisse

Dr Abe V Rotor

Tree against a red sun 

“The principles of true art is not to portray, but to evoke” 
– Jerzy Kosinski

Porphyra, a red alga

"When I paint, I never think of selling. People fail to understand that we paint in order to experiment and to develop ourselves as we strive for greater heights." ― Edvard Munch

Trees after forest fire

"When I go to an art gallery and stand in front of a painting, I don't want someone telling me what I should be seeing or thinking; I want to feel whatever I feel, see whatever I see, and figure out what I figure out."
 - James Frey

Fruiting bodies of seaweed

"If I create from the heart, nearly everything works; if from the head, almost nothing." ― Marc Chagall


Flower cradle 

"It is only when we are no longer fearful that we begin to create."
― J. M. W. Turner

Phosphorescence 

"The true work of art is but a shadow of the divine perfection." -Michelangelo

Dichotomy

"Whoever wants to know something about me, they should look attentively at my pictures and there seek to recognize what I am and what I want." ― Gustav Klimt

Sun as seen under the sea

Fire and blood

"Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."
 - Pablo Picasso

School of fish among red corals

"There is no must in art because art is free."
― Wassily Kandinsky

Old meat

“Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time.” 
– Thomas Merton

Blue fish

"Artists are just children who refuse to put down their crayons."
― Al Hirschfeld

Red sun in a forest

A field of GMO flowers

"It’s not what you look at that matters, it’s what you see."
― Henry David Thoreau

Nesting fish

“Painting is easy when you don’t know how, 
but very difficult when you do” – Edgar Degas

Two nails
(Imbedded middle left)

“Every artist was first an amateur” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Emerging cactus flowers

Grass

"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain 
an artist once we grow up." - Pablo Picasso 

No comments:

Post a Comment