Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Autumn in Summer

Autumn in Summer 

"By my window I used to watch the seasons
come and go just at a passing glance,
'til I learned to capture the ephemeral 
scenes with colors and paint brush."

Painting and Poem by Dr Abe V Rotor




Autumn in Summer.  
Fire trees in bloom in a scorched landscape at the onset of summer, save a meek waterfall and gathering cumulus cloud.  Painting in acrylic (2' x 4') for the office of senior citizens in Greater Lagro, Novaliches QC. 

Left, snap shot of frontage  of the author's residence in Lagro QC







Oh, Life! what does it mean in summer,
when the Siberian winds begin to cease,
the trees rise bare in the blue sky,
the air still, save a passing breeze?

By the window I watch the seasons
come and go even at a passing glance;
parting the curtain once in a while,
I'm part of Nature's drama just by chance.

One day I heard knocking at the gate,
of sound and music blended together.
Lo! but only dry leaves strewn around,
emissary of autumn in summer.~

No comments:

Post a Comment