Dr Abe V Rotor
1. Recyling is not recommended where pollution is heavy and unabated such as this mudflat. Silt in clean environment is excellent garden soil.
2. Watch out for toxic materials
• Toxic metals: Cadmium, Mercury, Lead
• Hospital and medical wastes, including radioactive materials
• Pesticide residues, especially dioxin
• Industrial wastes, like acids, Freon, alkalis
3. Oil Spill Recycling? Not with hydrocarbon compounds; not in the case of oil spill. The
Petron oil spill in Guimaras in 2005 destroyed thousands of hectares of marine and terrestrial irreversibly upsetting ecosystems and depriving the residents of their livelihood.