Dr Abe V Rotor
- Use banana leaves instead of aluminum foil.
- Don't fry, steam with banana leaves.
- Do away with plastics and Styrofoam.
- And don't use microwave oven.
- Use claypot lined with banana leaves.
- Wood fuel imparts a natural taste.
- Cook with low fire. Don't overcook.
- Serve while hot, let your guest unwrap with gusto.
The photos below show how fresh fish such as dilis (anchovies), dalangang bukid, and tilapia) are cooked into tamalis. Wash, add onion, ginger, tomato, and a dash of salt. Wrap with wilted banana leaves. Arrange in the pot, cover, and cook slowly with firewood or charcoal.
Wrap individually, one serving size.
Wilt banana leaves over fire. Follow one-size rule.
Prepare ingredients, mix well. Frying pan can do, just line it with banana leaves, before putting the individually wrapped fish. Be sure to cover the pan while cooking. This is the principle of steaming.