Friday, August 3, 2012

Swallowtail Butterfly (Papilio polytes)

Swallowtail Butterfly (Papilio polytes) 

Dr Abe V Rotor

 

 Swallowtail Butterfly (Papilio polytes) feeding on citrus leaves

Obnoxious I look and smell no one dares to get near,
much less to pick me neither by beak nor tongue,   
for my enemies are few, so my friends - if I know;
you see, if you are ugly and dirty no one bothers you,
like anyone else not excluding some humans;
but in my case Nature designed me this way, 
and she thinks I'm beautiful, to me it is a gift of life;
surviving a cruel world.  I rest now and someday
I'll metamorphose into something beautiful 
in the eyes of humans, so beautiful and dainty
no one will ever ask what I was before. ~

Swallowtail Butterfly (Papilio polytes)







No comments:

Post a Comment