Friday, August 1, 2014

I shot an arrow into the air and it fell on a newspaper

Dr Abe V Rotor
I must have been 4 or 5 years old. Dad was reading a newspaper - center spread - while relaxing on a rocking chair. I was playing Robin Hood nearby. Since our sala was very spacious (it had no divisions), anything on the ceiling and walls was a potential target. But something wrong happened.

In physics a crooked arrow would not follow a straight line, so it found an unintended mark – the center of the spread newspaper dad was reading. The arrow pierced through it and landed on my dad’s forehead, almost between his eyes. He gave me a good beating with my plaything as he wiped his forehead, blood dripping.

I did not cry, I just took the punishment obligingly. Dad must have seen innocence in my eyes. He stopped and gave me a hug. 

x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment