Tuesday, September 8, 2020

My first canvas painting , 60 years ago

 My First Canvas Painting

Dr Abe V Rotor
Calm but empty landscape in oil, AV Rotor, circa 1960

How to start painting, I must say you must be sad,
and after expressing your feelings, you feel glad.

Or you are extremely happy, the world is all yours,
riding on an air balloon defying gravity's force. 

When your genes bear the talent of your ancestors,
by Mendelian chance you take the artists' course. 

Where you spent your childhood you feel nostalgic;
 capture the scenes in impressions, real or romantic. 

Where books and experience at a crossroad meet,
each art form, movement and artist you shall greet.

Empty in stomach, and the mind, from lack of rest,
 Art's world is akin to a battlefield, the ultimate test.

Armed with tools, it matters not if you have less, 
if you have the focus, and imagination at its crest.

Time takes you yonder and forever, you can't escape;
the artist's world is as varied as the landscape. 

In my art workshop  I have Picasso and Van Gogh,
looking at what my first painting has to show. ~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment