Wednesday, January 12, 2022

HERITAGE TREES of San Vicente Botanical Garden

HERITAGE TREES 
of San Vicente Botanical Garden

Dr Abe V Rotor

Close-up of trunk of Caimito or Star Apple (Chrysophyllum cainito L)

My grandfather, father and me,
my children and grandchildren,
that's already five generations,
and it seems it will never end.  

"Someone's sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago." - Warren Buffett

Intertwining limbs and branches of caimito trees

Unity in nature is a living treaty.
   
"If what I say resonates with you, it is merely because we are both branches on the same tree." - W. B. Yeats

  
Living towers: Bitaog or palomaria (Calophyllum inophyllum) and anahaw (Saribus rotundifolius), national leaf of the Philippines.

"Take the backseat Khalifa and Eiffel,
make way to living towers reach heaven."

If I thought I was going to die tomorrow, I should nevertheless plant a tree today. - Stephen Girard

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. - Chinese proverb



No comments:

Post a Comment