Monday, December 13, 2021

A Little Corner of Eden

 A Little Corner of Eden

Was Paradise redeemed when man was gone?
No wonder Nature triumphs when left alone

Dr Abe V Rotor
Pristine Loboc River, Municipality of Loboc, Bohol 
(Photos by Ms Cecilia R Rotor)

A Little Corner of Eden
 Dr Abe V Rotor 

If I were to return after the Fall 
To where my forebears once lived; 
If I were to trace back their footsteps 
To their world of make believe. 

What would I tell to my dear Creator 
Whose open arms have waited so long 
For man to return, to repent for his Sin -
And I, having also failed all along? 

I would tell Him there is also a place, 
A little green corner of grass and trees, 
Of bees and flowers, rainbow and butterflies, 
Where birds come and sing with the breeze. 

An emerald river gently flowing, 
Meandering between hills and on the plain, 
Palms and trees bowing at its levees, 
Its waters soothing the day's pain.

I would tell Him of this place also forgotten, 
Abandoned by a bandwagon, 
By those who nurture the Utopian dream, 
Now orphaned and virtually alone. 

Is forgetfulness also Your tool of creation 
Where man shall be gone from here on? 
Paradise is redeemed and once more born?
No wonder Nature triumphs when left alone.~

 

                               Pristine Loboc River, Municipality of Loboc, Bohol 
                    
               Acknowledgment: Loboc Tourism Office. Living with Nature 3, AVRotor 

No comments:

Post a Comment