Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Bring back memories afresh with old photographs

 Bring back memories afresh with old photographs

"What I like about photographs is that they capture a moment that’s gone forever, impossible to reproduce." – Karl Lagerfeld

 
Dr Abe V Rotor

I'll soon reach the age of eighty. It is entering the golden sunset of life. I went over my file, and there I saw myself in my youthful years. Around me in old black-and-white photos of the seventies and eighties - and before - are wonderful and amazing people in my life.

I have met a number of them since the good old days, recalling them, by chance (surprise!), on-line, the internet, and among acquaintances; others through prayer - particularly those who didn't make it
to this postmodern age. Old photos indeed bring back memories alive.

Corporate Farming - a bold and daring program during President Marcos' Administration, which required big corporations to invest in agriculture and supply their employees' rice need. There are still many of us in NFA and among our stakeholders who are still familiar with this noble program.  

                       Below, center: Basang, my auntie-yaya for life.    
The old home is endangered.  But the instinct to return home remains strong.  Many come back as balikbayan, others spend their last years and die in their hometown.  I was born here, and grew up, in his old house, which has been lately renovated - now home of my children and grandchildren. Truly, it's a home, sweet home. 

Work, work, work.  You meet people, go places, You are part of 
organizations at one time or another.  Old photos bring back beautiful  
memories. Top clockwise, UPLB, NFA, LPU, where I was once 
connected~

No comments:

Post a Comment