Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Children's Art: "The greatest masterpiece and the greatest story ever told."

Children's Art: "The greatest masterpiece and the greatest story ever told." 
Dr Abe V Rotor
LIVING with NATURE CENTER 
San Vicente, Ilocos Sur 


Let the wind blow, the grass grow, the mist settle down;
guide a child, brush and colors in her hand, reign
over a beautiful realm we grownups have given up long ago,
never to return, yet yearning, to be children again;
We pass this way but once - and again through our genes, 
 in tender hands and heart, we've lived not in vain. 
  
 
 
 
I watched a child paint the floor of our house. 
 I gave her all the things she needed, 
then left to attend the chores of the day.  
What had she done in my absence? 

 I almost forgot all about the whole thing.  
That always happens to a busy person.
 I returned, apologetic.  She didn't say a word. 
 She was still busy painting without respite.

 I studied her paintings on the floor.
Suddenly I felt I was talking to myself. 
Me, an artist of many movements: 
realism, romanticism, to postmodern.

And she, the artist of peace and harmony, 
naturalness and simplicity.
Here's the greatest masterpiece of the world.
 and the greatest story ever told. ~

No comments:

Post a Comment