Saturday, November 2, 2019

Meditation Over Crepuscular Views

Meditation Over Crepuscular Views
Dr Abe V Rotor
.
Crepuscular -  the counterpart of dawn,
when the day bids goodbye,
and the night greets welcome;
sights in common though to the keen eye.

Limbs of  acacia tree, Ateneo de Manila University, Manila.

If I were a boy again, I'd sit on your lap,
but I've grown too heavy and too old.
Neither can you carry me with my load
Nor I to climb up and keep my hold.

Banaoang Pass, Santa, Ilocos Sur

A valley of cirrus cloud -
will it rain tonight?
It would rather rise up
 into wispy feathers 
then die;
and in the morning 
returns afresh 
with the sun 
and dewdrops.

 
Bangkok, Thailand 2006

A full moon hangs in the trees
propped by an empty branch,
 chilled by a passing breeze;  
waiting an owl sit by chance.

Amadeo, Cavite 2010

Catching fireflies by a stream
takes us to a beautiful zone;
 imagination reigns supreme
beyond the power of reason.

 
Bangkok, Thailand 2006

A harp bridge, each string a note
 the passing wind plays,
soft and loud, and seldom mute,
solemnly at night prays.  

Sugar mill at .Calatagan, Batangas

A haunting glow rises into the sky,
spewing gas with all its might;
nearby a mother and her baby cry,
at the other side of midnight. ~

No comments:

Post a Comment